HIJAAB: Million Problems, One Solution
Writter: Fareha Kaukab
Wake up in the morning with one less responsibility! Yes, this is the most striking benefit of hijaab for all the girls. If you are one slothful slug like me then I am sure you know how comforting it is to know that you don’t have to wake up every day and worry about the whereabouts of your matching hair bands or lost bobby pins or about the deadly dilemmas of whether to tie up your hair or let them loose and just when it couldn’t get any better, you can even go out with your hair uncombed, unwashed and all tangled and nobody would know what’s cooking inside! Who knew a girl could miss out on all these crazy important things and yet look all classy and modest just by a piece of cloth tied around her head.
WAIT! However, hijab is NOT just a piece of cloth tied around your head. It is not just an escape from the fatigue of making your hair. It is a responsibility. It is about being modest, pious, God-loving and, most of all, about recognizing your value in this world. Hijaab is a way to express that I am not an embellishment for people to throw their gazes on and praise the architecture. It gives you unimaginable safety and confidence if you wear it right. Yes, if you wear it right! This is the important part. Nowadays, Girls take hijaab for an alternate of fancy hairstyles. Hence the use of humongous camel hump-like clips, huge fancy brooches, see-through scarves and what not. The trend of sneaking of your freshly-dyed flicks and peeking of your ears so you could show your new Damas earrings from your hijaab is running wild these days. Well, to be completely honest, such things defeat the purpose of hijab. It, unfortunately, gives the impression that you are trying to grab people’s attention if not by your hair then by your head cover.
Well, that doesn’t mean life is over if you wear hijaab. Life has just started for you, women! You can look absolutely classy and elegant by even keeping your hijaab simple. If you are wondering how, then here are a few tutorial for you that will make you say “Oh yes, I am gonna do this!”.
- Modest Square Scarf Tie up
1. You need to wear a head cap or hood for this kind of tie up. An under cap helps to secure your upper scarf firmly.
2. Now hold your square scarf and fold it half to make a triangular shape.
3. Place this triangular scarf over your head in such a way that two equal halves lie against your shoulders.
4. Now, grab a safety pin and secure both halves of your scarf just under your chin so that the scarf nicely fits around your face.
5. Now throw the left half of your scarf behind your left shoulder and get hold of the right half. Gently open up this half and grab a side of it.
6. Take the side that you are holding and stick it to your left shoulder using a safety or scarf pin.
7. Now grab the left half (from behind the left shoulder), slightly open it and secure it just below the right shoulder. Now since this part is upfront, you can use a nice pin to secure it.
8. Taraaaaa!!! You are good to go…
- Classy Stole Tie-up
1. You need to wear a head cap, under scarf or hood for this kind of tie up. This helps to secure your upper scarf firmly.
2. Place your stole over your head in such a way that ¼ is on one side of the head and the other ¾ is on the other side
3. Now pin up your stole to your under scarf just above your ears.
4. Get hold of the shorter side of the stole and grab the bottom side corner (the one lying against your shoulder). Pin this corner up to the other side just above your ear. That leaves a long side lying on one side and the shorter side tucked above your ear.
5. Now grab the longer side and pull it loosely over your head in 360 degrees fashion so the longer part now lies above your head.
6. Secure this part with a matching pin or simple brooch just above the ear.
7. Viola!! You look pretty with such simplicity.
There are tons of other simple hijab-wearing tutorials online that you can learn to know how to wear your hijab and feel good about yourself all the time. Remember! Hijaab is a way to get you closer to Allah, not closer to people. May we all get guidance through our paths of life
Following are more tutorial pics that how to do hijab in different ways .